The Farmington Branding Alliance has selected an exciting assortment of events guaranteed to help you celebrate summer and jolt your journey. These 8 special events were voted as the top events to experience this July and should not be missed!
- Freedom Days - Farmington celebrates Independence Day with the 30th annual Freedom Days celebration. A series of events will take place June 30 to July 4 to celebrate the holiday. Festivities include Family Freedomfest, Electric Light Parade, Party in the Park, Gem & Mineral Show, Fireworks and more!
- Wolves and Wild Lands Exhibit & Peregrine Falcon - Enjoy two thrilling exhibitions for the price of one at the Farmington Museum! The museum will be hosting Wolves and Wild Lands in the 21st Century and Peregrine Falcon: From Endangered Species to Urban Bird. The Wolves and Wild Lands exhibition will deepen viewers’ understanding of the wolf and the challenge of wolf-human coexistence. The Peregrine Falcon exhibition tells the story of a species that was brought back from the abyss of extinction. Exhibit opens Sunday, July 3, 2016. Call the Farmington Museum, 505-599-1174, for details.
- Land of Enchantment Rod Run - Join the Northern New Mexico Street Rodders in Historic Downtown Farmington on Saturday. July 16 for the largest nostalgic event in the Four Corners featuring 200+ cars on display, live music, great vendors and fantastic food. There is nothing better than celebrating hot cars under the stars. Come out for the power, beauty and fun!
- Outdoor Summer Theater: The Addams Family - Experiencing live theater under the stars in a natural sandstone amphitheater is a must! Sandstone Productions will surely delight families with the Broadway musical comedy The Addams Family this summer. Performances held every Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening from June 16 to July 30, 2016 at Lions Wilderness Amphitheater. Call 505-599-1148 for tickets and details.
- Summer Terrace Concert Series - Join the Farmington Museum for live music on the terrace every Saturday night during the summer. Enjoy a delightful evening of music along the Animas River and don’t forget your folding chair and dancing shoes! This is a free family friendly event. Concerts held every Saturday through August 27, 2016 at 6:00 pm. Call 505-599-1174 for the complete schedule or visit the community calendar at FarmingtonNM.org.
- Jolt Your Summer Challenge - Take the Jolt Your Summer Challenge for the chance to win cool prizes and get to know Farmington a little better this summer! Participants will have from May 28 to August 5, 2016 to complete 30 fun activities and have the game card stamped at each location/event. The more activities you complete, the bigger the prize. Game sheets are available at the Farmington Museum and Visitor Center.
- JOLT Summer Teen Camp - San Juan College Outdoor Recreation invites local teens ages 14-18 to join them for a week of multi-sport outdoor adventures. Enjoy kayaking, mountain biking, rock climbing and enjoy the outstanding recreational opportunities found in Farmington. Scholarships available; call 505-566-3487 for details.
- Connie Mack World Series - Cheer on your favorite team and prepare to witness the finest amateur baseball tournament in the United States! Connie Mack World Series teams are comprised of highly-talented players ages 16 to 18 from across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico; and will compete for the championship as pro-scouts and college officials join friends, family and fans at the award winning Ricketts Park baseball field July 29 through August 5, 2016.
The FBA consists of local residents, organizations and businesses working together to energize how we live, work, play and stay Farmington. As a group, they have chosen to highlight events that go above and beyond to energize life journeys through exceptional performances and unique opportunities. Each month, the FBA meets for the Action Team Meeting and votes on the top upcoming events from the community calendar at www.FarmingtonNM.org. Members of the FBA will help promote and spread word about these events. Event organizers interested in endorsement need only submit their event to the calendar.