We have a fantastic assortment of events to showcase during the month of August. For specific details on each event click on the title link to be directed to the complete event listing. For a look at other fun Farmington events taking place this month visit the community calendar.
- Connie Mack World Series: Experience amateur baseball at its best at AABC’s Connie Mack World Series! 17 teams comprised of highly-talented players, ages 16 to 18, from across the United States will compete for the 2018 championship. Join pro-scouts, college officials, friends, family and fans at Ricketts Park in Farmington, August 2 – 11, 2018.
- Outdoor Summer Theater: Enjoy an evening of live theater, amidst a natural sandstone amphitheater at Lions Wilderness Amphitheater. Performance held every Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening to August 4, 2018. The 2018 production is the Broadway Musical, Mary Poppins!
- Curator’s Choice Lecture Series - The American West in Fact or Fiction: Join Farmington Museum and explore all aspects of the West and investigate why the West has played such a pivotal role in world history and how it continues to permeate all aspects of American life, at home and abroad. August 4, 2018 lecture topic to be Wounded Knee.
- Farmington Grower’s Market: A public market that brings the community together with locally grown food and hand-made crafts. The Saturday market runs from 8am-12pm throughout the season. The Tuesday market will begin on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 and run from 4-6pm.
- Maker’s Market: Explore the Maker’s Market for locally made and grown treasures! Hosted every Thursday evening in Orchard Park, in Historic Downtown Farmington.
- Jolt Your Summer Challenge: This summer contest inspires outdoor lovers and active families to explore Farmington and offers families a variety of free and affordable activities. Participants have from May 19 to August 3, 2018 to complete 30 activities and have the game card stamped at each location/event.
- Summer Terrace Concert Series: Enjoy live music by the Animas River each Saturday evening through August 25 for a night of live entertainment at the Farmington Museum. Don’t forget your folding chair and dancing shoes!
- San Juan County Fair: The San Juan County Fair takes place at McGee Park and features livestock shows, a parade and an excellent selection of live musical performances. Fair is held August 13 to 18, 2018, with the parade on August 10.
- Dinosaurs of New Mexico: The New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science presents the exhibition Dinosaurs of New Mexico, at the Farmington Museum through September 8, 2018. Farmington Museum & Visitor Center hours are Monday – Saturday, 8:00am – 5:00pm. Entry is free.
- History Hikes: Discover the cultural and natural treasures of the Four Corners region! 2018 History Hikes are scheduled for the second Saturday of every month, through September. Dates include August 11 and September 8, 2018. Registration is required and includes transportation and lunch. Call the Farmington Museum at 505-599-1174 for details.
- Wine & Shine Classic Car Show: Wines of the San Juan invites you to relax under the shady cottonwood trees with great friends, live music, delicious food and classic cars from around the Four Corners on August 19, 2018.
The Farmington Branding Alliance consists of local residents, organizations and businesses working together to energize how we live, work, play and stay Farmington. As a group, they have chosen to highlight events that go above and beyond to energize life journeys through exceptional performances and unique opportunities. Each month, the FBA meets for the Action Team Meeting and votes on the top upcoming events from the community calendar at www.FarmingtonNM.org. Event organizers interested in endorsement need only submit their event to the calendar.