The Jolt Your Journey Action Team has a fun selection of Jolt Worthy Events to feature for the months of March and April! Please help spread the word about these special local events. Learn more by clicking on the title link. Events are listed in the order that they occur.
- Roost the Ridges Mountain Bike Enduro - On March 19, check out what an Enduro race feels like, take your time on the climbs and get timed on the descents. This is a unique and fun style of racing that without a doubt will have you smiling ear to ear with your friends. It's not purely downhill because you have to pedal yourself to the top and it's not cross country because the climbs are not timed. It’s called Enduro! It’s the best of both worlds.
- Art Walk - Visit Historic Downtown Farmington on April 1, 5-9 pm, and celebrate local artisans and businesses as you shop and peruse the Art Walk! Galleries, restaurants and retail businesses will host some of the best local artists in the area. This is your chance to meet and chat with artists, see their work, and purchase pieces you like. While you're downtown, visit one of the amazing restaurants for a great meal in a fun atmosphere.
- The Spirit Coalescent - The Spirit Coalescent, held April 8 from 7:30 – 9 pm, combines original instrumental compositions of The Delbert Anderson Trio, eight giant multi-media visual art pieces painted by Karen Ellsbury and photographed by Patrick Hazen, dynamic choreography from Maura Garcia, and ties it together through the poetry of James Pakoota’s. Audiences will have the rare opportunity to immerse themselves in a multi-sensory experience curated by some of today's most innovative indigenous artists. The performance demonstrates the bond between the human experience and our role in nature as we interact and share space with the elements around us. Ticket prices range from $14-$18.
- Earth Day - On April 23 from11 am – 2 pm, visit the Riverside Nature Center for Earth Day celebrations! Create art from recycled materials, learn about curbside recycling, take a guided trail walk, learn about the xeriscape garden, and try other activities with staff and volunteers from the City of Farmington’s Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs department. Bring your own art from recycled materials to show and share.
- Farmington Historical Walk - If you love history, don't miss the Farmington Historical Walk, held on April 30 from 4 – 7 pm! The walking tour will be in Historic Downtown, where guests will meet many of Farmington's early pioneers and business owners from the early 1900s. Join the Rio del Sol Chapter of Kiwanis for an adventure back in time to learn about the town’s early commerce and pioneering residents of the late 19th and early 20th century from costumed re-enactors and guides. Journey with us along a Main Street that continues to change—embracing the new and the traditional! Tickets are $15 per person.
What is a Jolt Worthy Event?
Farmington hosts many wonderful events. Each month, attendees at the Jolt Your Journey Action Team Meeting review upcoming events submitted to the community calendar and select the Farmington events that go above and beyond to create a JOLT... a positive impression created by an unexpected surprise. Events that are eligible must be held in Farmington and open to the general public. If you are interested in learning more, please join us for an Action Team Meeting or on Facebook at Jolt Your Journey.
- Announcements (40)
- Press Releases (48)