Farmington has an exciting selection of Jolt Worthy Events to feature for the month of June! Click on the event title link for the complete event description and details.
- KidFest: Join families in Farmington for the 13th Annual Four Corners KidFest on June 2, 2018 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at McGee Park. This annual festival celebrates everything kids and features fun activities, live entertainment and summer program information. Admission is $2.00 per person.
- Summer Terrace Concert Series: Join the Farmington Museum on the terrace by the Animas River each Saturday evening during the summer for a night of live entertainment at the free 16th Annual Summer Terrace Music Series. Don’t forget your folding chair and dancing shoes! June concert schedule: June 2 - High Desert Fusion, June 9 - Willow Blue, June 16 - Chokecherry Jam, June 23 - Zia Chicks and June 30 - And Beyond.
- Farmington American Indian Ambassador Pageant: The public is invited to the Farmington Civic Center on June 7, 2018, 5:30 to 9:00 p.m., to see Farmington youth present their talent, leadership abilities, and compete to represent and serve Farmington’s American Indian community.
- Father Son Campout: Bring your boys, your tent, fishing poles and get ready for a special night around the campfire creating memories that will last a lifetime! This special event will be held at the Riverside Nature Center June 15, 2018, from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m. on June 16. The cost is $4 and includes meals and activities. Registration is required.
- Summer Solstice: Observe the summer solstice as the Ancestral Puebloans at Salmon Ruins did, June 21, 2018 from 7:00 to 8:30 a.m. At this observatory, participants can watch as sunlight illuminates the 1,000 the year old feature through a narrow opening into a room at Salmon Ruins. A lecture regarding archaeoastronomy studies of the Chacoan structure will detail the event.
- Outdoor Summer Theater: Enjoy an evening of live entertainment under the stars amidst a natural sandstone amphitheater at Lions Wilderness Amphitheater. Performance held every Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening from June 21 to August 4, 2018. The 2018 production will be the Broadway Musical, Mary Poppins!
- Outdoor Movies at the Museum: Join the Farmington Museum on three starry evenings this summer, for free Drive-in Movies at the Museum! Enjoy family friendly movies from the comfort of your car or bring a chair and sit up front! Bring your own snacks and drinks or purchase some on-site. Movie schedule: June 16 - Paddington 2, June 30 - Peter Rabbit and July 21 – Jumanji.
- Dinosaurs of New Mexico: The New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science presents the exhibition Dinosaurs of New Mexico at the Farmington Museum April through September 8, 2018. Farmington Museum & Visitor Center hours are Monday – Saturday, 8:00am – 5:00pm. Entry is free.
- Live Horse Racing: SunRay Park & Casino brings live horse racing to Farmington every Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday from April 20 to June 18, 2018. Post time is at 3:00 pm on Monday and Friday and 1:15 pm on Saturday and Sunday. SunRay Park & Casino is located off Hwy. 64 between Farmington and Bloomfield.
- History Hikes: Join the Farmington Museum for History Hikes and discover the cultural and natural treasures of the Four Corners region! 2018 History Hikes are scheduled for the second Saturday of every month, May - September. Upcoming dates include June 9, July 14, August 11 and September 8. Space is limited and registration is required. This program is for adults 18 years and older and includes transportation and lunch. On June 9, 2018, participants will hike 4.8 miles round trip to discover Bandelier National Monument’s Frijoles Canyon and Upper and Lower Falls. Call 505-599-1174 for details.
- Jolt Your Summer Challenge: This summer contest inspires outdoor lovers and active families to explore Farmington and offers families a variety of free and affordable activities. Participants have from May 19 to August 3, 2018 to complete 30 activities and have the game card stamped at each location/event. Print your game card today and take the Jolt Your Summer Challenge for the chance to win prizes.
The FBA (Farmington Branding Alliance) consists of local residents, organizations and businesses working together to energize how we live, work, play and stay Farmington. As a group, they have chosen to highlight events that go above and beyond to energize life journeys through exceptional performances and unique opportunities. Each month, the FBA meets for the Action Team Meeting and votes on the top upcoming events from the community calendar at FarmingtonNM.org. The June Action Team Meeting will be held on June 21, 2018. Event organizers interested in endorsement need only submit the event to the calendar. Call 505-326-7602 with questions.