We have selected an exciting assortment of events guaranteed to help you celebrate summer and jolt your journey. These 14 special events were voted as the top events to experience this August and should not be missed! Click on the event title for the complete event description.
- Connie Mack World Series: Farmington will host the 2017 Connie Mack World Series July 28th to August 6th at Ricketts Park. Come out to enjoy the finest amateur baseball tournament in the United States!
- Curator’s Choice Lecture Series -The American West in Fact or Fiction Howard Hughes in Hollywood: On August 5th, join the Farmington Museum for a look at all aspects of the West and investigate why the West has played such a pivotal role in world history. Lecture from 3:00 to 4:30pm at the Farmington Museum & Visitor Center.
- Summer Terrace Series: Enjoy live music on the back terrace of the Farmington Museum & Visitor Center, along the Animas River each Saturday evening, 6:00 to 7:30pm. This event is free; don’t forget your folding chair and dancing shoes!
- Cottonwood Concert Series: Join the Farmington Public Library for the Cottonwood Concert Series, August 4th. Trumpet Geezers will perform in the library’s rotunda at 3:30pm, and again under the cottonwoods at 6:00pm.
- Green Revolution: The Green Revolution is a revolutionary exhibition on display at the Farmington Museum that uses recycled and re-purposed materials to teach creative ways to reduce waste and conserve energy using hands-on learning stations. Exhibit open June to September 9th.
- 4 Corners 4x4 Show and Swap: On August 12th come enjoy some 4x4 fun in Historic Downtown Farmington! There will be 100's of awesome 4x4 vehicles, a huge parts swap meet, vendor show, flex ramp competition and much more. Event held from 6:00 to 9:00pm.
- San Juan County Fair and Carnival: The San Juan County Fair takes place at McGee Park and features livestock shows, a parade, vendors and live musical performances. Fair open August 14th to 19th, carnival open August 11th to 19th with the parade on August 11th.
- San Juan River Bi-Fly Tournament: Take part in the premier trout fishing tournament of the Southwest on August 18th. Now in its 24th year, the San Juan River Bi-Fly Tournament attracts teams from all over the nation. All proceeds are used for the care of children at Four Corners Home for Children, a program of Navajo Ministries.
- Downtown Maker’s Market: Visit Downtown Farmington for the Downtown Maker’s Market in Orchard Park every Thursday evening July through October 26th. The Maker’s Market will feature vendors who grow and sell produce, baked goods, handmade goods, art, and re-purposed items; and collectors of antiques and vintage items, and much more!
- The Farmington Growers Market: Shop for locally grown food, hand-made goods and crafts at Farmington Grower;s Market every Saturday, 8am-12pm, and Tuesday, 4-6pm, at the Farmington Museum & Visitor Center.
- Total Solar Eclipse Viewing: Join the Farmington Museum on August 21st for the total solar eclipse! There will be tons of family-friendly activities leading up to the big show. Event times: 10:00am to 12:30pm.
- MadLab - Sensory: Explore a variety of paints, slime, sound containers, glue, glitter, dough, and more at MadLab, brought to you by Peach's Neet Feet. Children must be accompanied by a caregiver during class and be prepared to get messy. Class is one hour and costs $10 per child, no charge for caregiver. Register online for the August classes.
- Flash Your Fish: Fish Lake Farmington and share your fishing photos in the Farmington Convention & Visitors Bureau’s Flash Your Fish photo contest for the chance to win $100 and a variety of fun prizes! Contest open through August 31st, winners will be selected randomly each month.
- Jolt Your Summer Challenge: Get to know Farmington a little better this summer and take the Jolt Your Summer Challenge! Participants have from May 27th to August 12th to complete 30 activities. Complete at least 25 activities for the chance to receive prizes!
The FBA consists of local residents, organizations and businesses working together to energize how we live, work, play and stay Farmington. Each month, the FBA meets for the Action Team Meeting and votes on the top upcoming events from the community calendar at www.FarmingtonNM.org. Event organizers interested in endorsement need only complete the event submission form and are invited to attend the monthly Action Team Meeting. Events are voted on two months in advnace (October events will be voted on in August).