We have seven family-friendly events that you do not want to miss this March! From stargazing and dancing to photo exhibits and kayaking, there is something for everyone to enjoy! Click on the title link for full details on each event. Discover all upcoming area events when you visit the community calendar, new events are added daily!
- AstroFriday - San Juan College Planetarium will entertain and educate audiences on Friday, March 3rd with a full dome planetarium showing of “Journey to the Center of the Milky Way”, followed by a spectacular stargaze. Planetarium show offered at 6:30 and 7:30pm. Stargaze will be held (weather permitting) at 8:30pm. Admission is free, seating is limited.
- Redress: Upcycled Style by Nancy Judd - Artist Nancy Judd’s traveling exhibit, Redress, is on display at the Farmington Museum. This free exhibit features couture fashion and accessories made entirely from recycled items. Nancy Judd’s creations have been exhibited worldwide and accepted into the permanent collection of the Smithsonian Institution. Exhibit on display through June 2017.Information: 505-599-1174
- Technicolor Dreaming - This Rock and Roll Hall of Fame collection of psychedelic posters from the 1960’s is on exhibit at the Farmington Museum. A stunning display of rock and roll history and artistry, the collection features concert posters from artists of the era, such as Jimi Hendrix, the Doors, the Grateful Dead and Pink Floyd. Entry is free, donations are accepted. Exhibit on display through March 2017. Information: 505-599-1174
- Focus on Farmington – Stop in to see the Farmington Museum’s newest exhibit: Focus on Farmington - a large collection of photographs that document the history of Farmington. The images highlight the diversity of the region, from the people who call it home to the industries that drive the economy to the natural environment we all share. As part of this exhibit, the museum is offering a fun and educational Photo Scavenger Hunt that will give visitors the chance to not only see some great local historic architecture around Farmington, but also be entered into a drawing to win a fabulous gift bag stuffed with prizes worth $140! Stop by the museum to pick up a scavenger hunt card. Contest ends 5:00pm on March 25, 2017. Information: 505-599-1174
- Singo - Thursday evenings in March, Clancy’s Irish Cantina is the place to enjoy a fun evening out! Bring the entire family or meet a group of friends for Singo – it is like BINGO with music! The fun begins every Thursday evening at 6:30pm. No cost to play and prizes to win! Information: 505-325-8176
- Boat & Float Fest and Annual Beach Party - Join the Farmington Aquatic Center for Boat & Float Fest and annual Beach Party on Friday March 10th from 4:30 to 7:30pm. Kids of all ages can kayak, canoe and paddle board on the waters and join in the Beach Party fun! Register in advance at www.fmtn.org/WebTrac. Information: 505-599-1167
- Dancing with your Farmington Stars - The Utah Ballroom Dance Company will produce an evening of fun using local stars, March 11th at the Farmington Civic Center, 7:00 to 10:00pm. Watch local stars Ginger Palmer, Farmington City Councilor Nate Duckett, Connie Dinning, Jane Banes, Bloomfield Mayor Scott Eckstein and George Sharpe as they compete for local charities with their best foxtrot, disco and salsa. The show also includes a children’s dance and exhibitions by professional dancers. Purchase your tickets so you can vote for your favorite local star, laugh with the hilarious judges and support local charities. Information: 505-599-1148
The Farmington Branding Alliance (FBA) consists of local residents, organizations and businesses working together to energize how we live, work, play and stay Farmington. As a group, they have chosen to highlight events that go above and beyond to energize life journeys through exceptional performances and unique opportunities. Each month, the FBA meets and votes on the top upcoming events from the community calendar at www.FarmingtonNM.org.