We have an exciting assortment of events to showcase as Jolt Worthy for the month of June. Make the most of your summer and catch each of these 11 Jolt Worthy Events. Click on the title link for the complete event description and details.
- TGIF: Celebrate Fridays at TGIF in Orchard Plaza Park in Historic Downtown Farmington with live music! Grab lunch at the on-site food truck or one of local restaurants. Concerts held every Friday from May 19th to July 21st, 11:00am to 1:00pm.
- KidFest: This event gives kids a day dedicated to all out FUN and to offer Four Corners families information about summer programming, special events, camps and more. Event will take place from 10:00am to 4:00pm at McGee Park on Saturday, June 3rd.
- Curator’s Choice Lecture Series: Join the Farmington Museum on Saturday, June 3rd for this popular lecture series as they explore Stetson: Manufacturing an American Icon. Lecture held at the Farmington Museum from 3:00 to 4:30pm.
- Summer Terrace Series: Farmington Museum will host the 15th Annual Summer Terrace series every Saturday evening from June 3rd to August 26th, 6:00 to 7:30pm. Enjoy live music on the terrace by the river each Saturday evening during the summer. This event is free; don’t forget your folding chair and dancing shoes!
- Cottonwood Concert Series: Join the Farmington Public Library for the 2017 Cottonwood Concert Series! Each concert features an hour-long performance in the library’s rotunda, starting at 3:30pm, and another hour under the cottonwoods starting at 6:00! June 9th performance by Levi Platero (Blues) and the June 23rd performance will be the Zia Chicks (Acoustic rhythms)
- Summer Art Walk: Celebrate summer and local artisans at the Summer Art Walk on Friday, June 9th from 5:00 to 9:00pm and enjoy art receptions and open houses throughout “The Heart” of Farmington. Galleries, restaurants and retail businesses all host some of the best local artists in the area. This is your chance to meet and chat with artists, see their work and purchase pieces you like.
- American Indian Ambassador Pageant: The Farmington American Indian Ambassador Pageant, Friday, June 9th from 5:30 to 9:00pm., gives local Farmington youth an opportunity to present their talent, leadership abilities and desire to represent and serve Farmington’s American Indian community.
- Outdoor Summer Theater - Shrek the Musical: Enjoy an evening of live entertainment under the stars amidst a natural sandstone amphitheater at Lions Wilderness Park Amphitheater. Sandstone Productions will present Shrek the Musical. Performance held every Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings from June 15th to July 29th.
- Mac & Cheese Festival: Come ‘Jolt’ your taste buds at the Mac & Cheese Fest held at Berg Park along the beautiful Animas River Saturday, June 24th from 1:00 to 5:00pm. Relax and unwind while enjoying live music, gourmet Mac and Cheese and wine and beer tastings. This is a 21 an older event.
- Redress: Upcycled Style by Nancy Judd: Artist Nancy Judd’s traveling exhibit, Redress, is on display at the Farmington Museum. This free exhibit features couture fashion and accessories made entirely from recycled items.
- Green Revolution: The Green Revolution is a revolutionary exhibition on display at the Farmington Museum that uses recycled and repurposed materials to teach creative ways to reduce waste and conserve energy. Hands-on learning stations give this exhibition a green light for families!
The Farmington Branding Alliance (FBA) meets monthly to select Jolt Worthy Events. The FBA consists of local residents, organizations and businesses working together to energize how we live, work, play and stay Farmington. As a group, they have chosen to highlight events that go above and beyond to energize life journeys through exceptional performances and unique opportunities. Each month, the FBA meets for the Action Team Meeting and votes on the top upcoming events from the Community Calendar. Members of the FBA will help promote and spread word about these events. Interested in Jolt Worthy Event endorsement for your event? Simply supply your event details to the Community Calendar using the online Submit Event Form. You are also invited to attend the monthly Action Team Meeting. Jolt Worthy Events are typically voted on two months in advance (August events will be selected in June). For information call Tonya Stinson at 505-326-7602.