Celebrate summer in Farmington this July with these 14 events and activites! Click on the title link for the complete event description and details.
- Freedom Days: The Fourth of July is celebrated with a variety of special events throughout Farmington, June 29th to July 4th! Special events include brass band concert, night parade, party in the park, pizza eating contest, skateboar competition, simulcast fireworks display, a gem and mineral show and much more! Vendor applications, complete schedule and parade entry forms are all available online.
- Outdoor Summer Theater Shrek the Musical: Take in an evening of live entertainment under the stars amidst a natural sandstone amphitheater at Lions Wilderness Park Amphitheater. Sandstone Productions presents Shrek the Musical. Performance held every Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings from June 15th to July 29th. Tickets: adult $12, senior and student $8, child $7. Tickets may be purchased online.
- Summer Terrace Series: Farmington Museum will host the 15th Annual Summer Terrace series from June 3rd to August 26th. Enjoy live music on the back terrace along the Animas River each Saturday evening, 6:00 to 7:30pm. Concerts scheduled: July 1 - Terry Rickard , July 8 - San Juan College Concert Band, July 15 - 2 for Tea, July 22 - San Juan College Company, July 29 - Grant & Randy. This event is free; don’t forget your folding chair and dancing shoes!
- Cottonwood Concert Series: Join the Farmington Public Library for the Cottonwood Concert Series! Each concert features an hour-long performance in the library’s rotunda, starting at 3:30pm, and another hour under the cottonwoods starting at 6:00pm. July 14th A Lifetime to Overcome will perform (rock, funk & blues) and on July 28th Joker’s Wild will perform (Latin, country & rock). This is a free event.
- TGIF: Celebrate Fridays at TGIF in Orchard Plaza Park in Historic Downtown Farmington with live music! Grab lunch at the on-site food truck from May 19th to July 21st, 11:00am to 1:00pm. July concerts: Donny Johnson on July 7th, Mad Dog 20/20 on July 14th, Grant & Randy on July 21st. This is a free event.
- Outdoor Movies at Museum: Join the Farmington Museum for Outdoor Movies at the Museum! They will be presenting a classic, family-friendly movie on a big screen in the amphitheater along the Animas River. The movies are free, but donations are appreciated. July 1st-The Goonies and July 15th -The Witches.
- Four Corners Rod Run: On July 15th, 11:00am - 8:30pm, come out to celebrate your love for classic cars with this festival of live music, food and of course hundreds of hot rods, classic cars and low riders in Historic Downtown Farmington. Car show will feature 21 classes. This event is free to the public and guaranteed to be a great time.
- Mark Chesnutt: Country favorite, Mark Chesnutt will perform July 21st, 7:00pm to 10:00pm, at Northern Edge Casino Outdoor Stage. Tickets are $20 general admission and $35 VIP seating. This is a 21 and over show.
- Connie Mack World Series: Farmington will host the 2017 Connie Mack World Series July 28th to August 6th at Ricketts Park. Come out to enjoy the finest amateur baseball tournament in the United States. General admission tickets: $4 youth and $5 adult. Parade will be held on July 28th.
- Kris “Tanto” Paronto - The Ranger Way: Come to Ricketts Park July 31st, 7:30 to 9:00pm. to hear Kris Paronto speak about his experiences and how you can utilize his tools for discipline, motivation, success, and peace in life. Kris “Tanto” Paronto is the author of “The Ranger Way” and speaker on 13 Hours in Benghazi. Entry is $5.00 per person.
- Downtown Maker’s Market: Visit Downtown Farmington for the Downtown Maker’s Market in Orchard Park every Thursday, 4:30pm to dusk, July through October 26th. The Maker’s Market will feature vendors who grow and sell produce, baked goods, handmade goods, art, and re-purposed items; and collectors of antiques and vintage items, and much more!
- Green Revolution: The Green Revolution is a revolutionary exhibition on display at the Farmington Museum that uses recycled and repurposed materials to teach creative ways to reduce waste and conserve energy. Hands-on learning stations give this exhibition a green light for families! On exhibit June to September 9th. Admission is free, donations are always appreciated. The Farmington Museum is open Monday through Saturday, 8:00am to 5:00pm.
- Jolt Your Summer Challenge: Get to know Farmington a little better this summer and take the Jolt Your Summer Challenge! Participants have from May 27th to August 12th to complete 30 activities. Complete at least 25 activities for the chance to receive prizes!
- Flash Your Fish: Fish Lake Farmington May 1st to August 31st and share your fishing photos in the Farmington Convention & Visitors Bureau’s Flash Your Fish photo contest for the chance to win $100 and a variety of fun prizes! Winners will be selected randomly each month.
The FBA consists of local residents, organizations and businesses working together to energize how we live, work, play and stay Farmington. Each month, the FBA meets for the Action Team Meeting and votes on the top upcoming events from the community calendar at FarmingtonNM.org. Event organizers interested in endorsement need only submit their event to the calendar.