The Farmington Branding Alliance (FBA) has selected a variety of events to energize your November! The 10 selected events feature opportunities for outdoor lovers and active families to play, give and learn! These special events are sure to please visitors and locals and should not be missed! For event details click on the event title link.
- Dia de los Muertos - Join the Farmington Museum for a family-friendly Dia de los Muertos celebration! Take part in fun crafts and activities and enjoy an evening of themed music and food. This is a free event! 5:00 to 8:00pm on November 2, 2016.
- Open Mic Night - There is no doubt that Farmington has talent! Enjoy a fun, family-friendly evening at Clancy's Pub and appreciate the variety of talented musicians and singers the community has fostered. Better yet, take to the stage and share your talent! Open Mic Night held every Wednesday evening, 7:00 to 10:00pm.
- Flintknapping & Ancient Hunters – On Saturday, November 5, 2016 -1:00pm - 3:00pm - the Riverside Nature Center presents a special demonstration by flintknapper Frank Bowman. Bowmen, who makes stone weapons, will be demonstrating his craft. He uses stone and antler tools to make points utilizing the techniques and styles of ancient hunters and will explain his craft and the way in which ancient people hunted and lived. This is a unique opportunity to see a fine demonstration and learn about the ancient people of the region.
- San Juan College Hospice Charity Bowl Sale - San Juan College art students and faculty create a variety of handmade ceramic bowls for this annual charity sale. These one-of-a-kind creations are available for purchase, $10 each. Each purchased bowl comes with a free cup of soup. All proceeds from the bowl sale benefit Northwest New Mexico Hospice. The sale will be held Thursday, November 10, 2016 from 9:00am to 6:00pm and Friday, November 11, from 9:00am to 5:00pm. For information, call 505-566-3486.
- Strong Warrior - Are you ready for a day of strength, determination and fun? Then don’t miss the 2nd Annual Strong Warrior Regional Weightlifting Competition! The Strong Warrior Fall Classic Weightlifting Challenge is comprised of bench press, squat and deadlift categories. Competitors come from across the Four Corners region and United States. This is a free, family-friendly spectator event with food and retail vendors on site. Come out to watch the event and cheer on your favorite Strong Warrior on Saturday, November 12, 2016 from 11:00am to 4:00pm at Defined Fitness.
- Military Appreciation Monday- Golden Corral is very proud of the men and women who are serving, and who have served, for the United States military. Any person who has served in the US Military (retirees, veterans, active duty, National Guard or Reserves) are eligible for the free "thank you" dinner on Monday, November 14, 2016 from 5:00 to 9:00pm.
- Turkey Trot & Gobble Wobble – What does a community of outdoor lovers and active families do just before the Thanksgiving holiday? They gather together for a festive 5K, complete with costumes, a feast and family fun activities! Register online at fmtn.org or call 505-599-1184. The event will be held on Saturday, November 19, 2016 from 9:00am to 1:00pm.
- Stuff the Bus - American General Media's (AGM) four local radio stations have teamed up for the annual Stuff the Bus event! Take part in a day of sharing and caring on November 19th and help stuff the bus! AGM's team will be collecting non-perishable food items for Echo Food Bank to help feed local families in need this holiday season. Saturday, November 19, 2016 at Sam’s Club from 10:00am to 3:00pm.
- Holiday Art Walk & Small Business Saturday - Celebrate the holiday season, local artisans and local small businesses at the annual Holiday Art Walk! Be inspired and discover unique gifts as you take part in the Small Business Saturday movement in Historic Downtown Farmington. Saturday, November 26, 2016 5:00pm to 9:00pm.
- AstroFriday - San Juan College Planetarium will entertain and educate audiences on Friday, November 4, 2016 with a full dome show of “Losing the Dark and Deep-Sky Show”, followed by a spectacular November stargaze. This event is open to the public and free. Planetarium show offered at 6:30 and 7:30pm. Stargaze will be held (weather permitting) at 8:30pm. For information, call 505-566-3361.
The FBA consists of local residents, organizations and businesses working together to energize how we live, work, play and stay Farmington. As a group, they have chosen to highlight events that go above and beyond to energize life journeys through exceptional performances and unique opportunities. Each month, the FBA meets for the Action Team Meeting and votes on the top upcoming events from the community calendar at www.FarmingtonNM.org. Members of the FBA will help promote and spread word about these events. Event organizers interested in endorsement need only submit their event to the calendar.