Jolt Worthy Events for April 2016
The Farmington Branding Alliance has designated six April 2016 events as "Jolt Worthy". These events are sure to delight and should not be missed!
- Award winning country musician, Cole Swindell will perform at the Farmington Civic Center April 7, 2016. This music sensation is sure to delight country music lovers. Known to convert fans with each live performance, an evening with Cole Swindell is sure to provide an evening of unforgettable entertainment. Tickets available at the Farmington Civic Center and www.fmtn.org.
- San Juan College will host Family Climbing Night April 8, 2016 at the Health and Human Performance Center. Families can enjoy an evening of fun games, activities and of course time on the climbing wall. This is a perfect event for active families and highlights the outstanding resources our community has through the San Juan College HHPC, Climbing Wall and Outdoor Equipment Rental Center. Cost is $5 per climber. Call 505-566-3487 for details.
- Cirque Zuma Zuma visits Farmington on April 14, 2016 and will perform at the San Juan College Henderson Performance Hall. Featuring top acrobats from Kenya and Tanzania, Cirque Zuma Zuma showcases the rhythm and spirit of traditional African dance through juggling, contortionists, pole climbing and is sure to leave the Farmington audience thrilled!
- Hot rodders and classic car enthusiasts from across the state rev up for spring with the Northern NM Street Rodders 34th Annual Car Show and Indoor Automotive Trade Show, April 22 - 24, 2016 at McGee Park. This is one show car lovers do not want to miss. Visit www.northernnewmexicostreetrodders.com for details.
- San Juan Symphony closes their 2015 / 2016 season with Beethoven Festival, an evening sure to delight young and old alike. The concert will be held April 23, 2016 at the San Juan College Henderson Performance Hall. This concert promises to inspire and move the audience! Call 505-566-3430 for tickets.
- The Farmington Museum launches their Museum EdVentures and Families on Foot programs in April, offering unique opportunities for guided educational adventures! Museum EdVentures features a series of all-day field trips for adults exploring the cultural heritage of the Four Corners. The Families on Foot program guides families on short day hikes to discover the cultural and natural history of the region. For more information and to register, please call 505-599-1400.
The FBA consists of local residents, organizations and businesses working together to energize how we live, work, play and stay Farmington. As a group, they have chosen to highlight events that go above and beyond to energize life journeys through exceptional performances and unique opportunities. The FBA meets monthly for an Action Team Meeting and votes on the top upcoming events from the community calendar at www.farmingtonnm.org. Members of the FBA will help promote and spread word about these events. Event organizers interested in endorsement need only submit their event to the calendar.