The Farmington Branding Alliance (FBA) has selected eight events to feature for October 2016. These eight special events are sure to energize your journey and should not be missed! For additional information on each event click on the event title to see the complete event listing.
- Chile in October: Chile and salsa cooks from across the county tempt and please event goers with their special recipes October 1st for the honor of being voted the best in town! Experience a beautiful October day along the Animas River with the best in food, wine and live entertainment. Information: 505-325-0279
- Aztec Highland Games: Get ready to celebrate the culture of the Scottish Highlands with an American Southwest twist at the annual Highland Games October 1st - 2nd. Enjoy live Celtic music, physical competitions, Scottish and Irish dance exhibitions, bagpipe band exhibitions, traditional food and more. Information: 505-334-7646
- AstroFriday: San Juan College Planetarium will entertain and educate audiences on October 7th, with “The Constellations of the Zodiac” and a spectacular October stargaze. This event is open to the public and free. Planetarium show offered at 6:30 & 7:30 p.m. Stargaze will be held (weather permitting) at 8:30 p.m. Information: 505-566-3361
- Ronnie Milsap Concert: Country Music Hall of Famer Ronnie Milsap will perform at the Farmington Civic Center on October 8th! With 40 No. 1 hits and more than 35 million albums sold, Milsap remains one of country music’s most successful crossover artists. This show is sure to please music lovers! Information: 505-599-1148
- Four Corners Storytelling Festival: National and local storytellers of all ages will be featured in this two-day celebration of an almost lost art - STORYTELLING. We invite you to slow down the pace, kick back and listen to traditional tales told by some of the very best national and local storytellers October 14th and 15th at the Farmington Public Library and Totah Theater. Information: 505-599-1270
- Boo-Palooza: Participate in this family friendly Halloween party in Historic Downtown Farmington on October 31st from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.! Enjoy games, dancing and a live DJ, costume contests and of course trick or treating. Information: 505-599-1419
- Pumpkin Festival: Sutherland Farms delight families with their annual Pumpkin Festival. Experience fall on the farm every Saturday and Sunday in October. Complete with tractor rides, pumpkin patch, farm games and delectable foods of the fall harvest. This is a fantastic fall family outing. Information: 505-334-3578
- Wolves and Wild Lands Exhibit & Peregrine Falcon: Enjoy two thrilling exhibitions for the price of one at the Farmington Museum! The museum will host Wolves and Wild Lands in the 21st Century and Peregrine Falcon: From Endangered Species to Urban Bird. The Wolves and Wild Lands exhibition will deepen viewers’ understanding of the wolf and the challenge of wolf-human coexistence. The Peregrine Falcon exhibition tells the story of a species that was brought back from the abyss of extinction. Exhibit open through October. Information: 505-599-1174
The FBA consists of local residents, organizations and businesses working together to energize how we live, work, play and stay Farmington. As a group, they have chosen to highlight events that go above and beyond to energize life journeys through exceptional performances and unique opportunities. Each month, the FBA meets for the Action Team Meeting and votes on the top upcoming events from the community calendar at www.FarmingtonNM.org. Members of the FBA will help promote and spread word about these events. Event organizers interested in endorsement need only submit their event to the calendar.