The Farmington Branding Alliance (FBA) has a fun selection of Jolt Worthy Events to feature for the month of February 2019! Click on the title link, or visit FarmingtonNM.org/events, for the complete event description and details. Events are listed in the order that they occur.
- Petroliana Oil and Gas Memorabilia Exhibit - The oil and gas industry has been an important part of American history, having fueled the country’s industrial expansion. One of the most visible aspects of the industry has been the memorabilia such as gas pumps, oil cans and signs which have dotted the American landscape since the beginning of the twentieth century. The Farmington Museum has an extensive collection of these cultural artifacts and are showcased in this exhibit throughout 2019. The exhibit features items from the Alan Hawkinson collection that he amassed over time. He donated the collection to the Farmington Museum, so that it could be shared with a larger audience.
- World War I: Lessons and Legacies - To commemorate the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I, the Farmington Museum is featuring this exhibit in the lobby. The exhibition explores the impact and influence the war had on American life through panels from the Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service, posters from the Library of Congress and artifacts from the museum’s collection.
- Family Astronomy Night - On February 2nd from 6 – 8pm, celebrate the winter skies and learn about our universe, at the Farmington Museum’s 5th Annual Astronomy Night! There will be star legends from many cultures in the Stardome planetarium, and a chance to observe the sky through a telescope on the terrace, weather permitting of course. Join us for many fun stations set up throughout the Farmington Museum such as: Space Station Fun, Survival in a Vacuum-Peeps in Peril!, What is a Serving Size-Space Food, Pop Rockets, Measuring Hand Strength with our Vernier Probes, and much, much more!
- FebRAVEary - UmattR and San Juan Safe Communities Initiative are hosting FebRAVEary, Friday, February 2nd, from 8:30pm - Midnight! This event is for all high school students in San Juan County. Cost $10/person.
- Exit Laughing - Theater Ensemble Arts bring you the hysterically funny play, Exit Laughing! This entertaining show, described as Steel Magnolias but with none of the crying, runs February 8, 9, 15 and 16 from 7:30pm- 9:30pm, at the Totah Theater. Tickets are $12/adults and $10/students and seniors.
- No Limits Monster Trucks - The No Limits Monster Trucks are coming to the McGee Coliseum for two big shows on one day, February 9th at 2pm and 7:30pm. Don’t miss this chance to see Ghost Ryder with Monster Truck Grand National Champion Larry Quick. Watch Quick attempt the Monster Truck Backflip, compete in the Kids Power Wheels Race or bring your truck to take on the Tuff Truck course yourself. The Bad Boys of Wrestling will also be onsite! Adults $25, kids $12; at the gate adults $30, kids $12.
- A Fair of the Heart and Goosebump Race - San Juan Regional has raised awareness about heart health during National Heart Month, for 11 years.This heartfelt community event offers a variety of activities and educational information for the whole family and also includes a 5K race and a 1 mile fun run/walk.Event is held on Saturday, February 23rd, starting at 9am.Entry fee for the 5K is $10/adults and $5/children.
The FBA consists of local residents, organizations and businesses working together to energize how we live, work, play and stay Farmington. As a group, they have chosen to highlight events that go above and beyond to energize life journeys through exceptional performances and unique opportunities. Each month, the FBA meets for the Action Team Meeting and votes on the top upcoming events from the community calendar at www.FarmingtonNM.org. Event organizers interested in endorsement need only submit their event to the calendar.