We have 6 special Farmington events to get you summer ready in May! Click on the title link for the complete event description and details. For additional events taking place throughout the Farmington area visit the offical community calendar at FarmingtonNM.org/Events.
- Dinosaurs of New Mexico: Since opening in 1986, the New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science has become the number one place to view dinosaurs from New Mexico. Wanting to share their collection and discoveries with people throughout the state, the Museum of Natural History and Science presents the exhibition Dinosaurs of New Mexico at the Farmington Museum through September 8, 2018. Farmington Museum & Visitor Center hours are Monday – Saturday, 8:00am – 5:00pm. Entry is free.
- Live Horse Racing: SunRay Park & Casino brings live horse racing to Farmington every Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday from April 20 to June 18, 2018. Post time is at 3:00 pm on Monday and Friday and 1:15 pm on Saturday and Sunday. SunRay Park & Casino is located off Hwy. 64 between Farmington and Bloomfield.
- History Hikes: Join the Farmington Museum for History Hikes and discover the cultural and natural treasures of the Four Corners region! 2018 History Hikes are scheduled for the second Saturday of every month, May - September. Dates include May 12th, June 9th, July 14th, August 11th and September 8th. Space is limited and registration is required. This program is for adults 18 years and older and includes transportation and lunch. May 12, 2018, participants will hike a 5.8-mile loop to explore Natura l Bridges National Monument’s two largest natural bridges. Early registration is advised. Call 505-599-1174 for details.
- Museum EdVenture: Join the Farmington Museum for a Museum EdVenture! These guided tours will help you discover the cultural treasures of the Four Corners. 2018 EdVentures will be held on May 19, 2018 (Chimney Rock), August 4, (Earthships), August 25 (Four Corners’ vineyards and wineries, September 15 (Renaissance Fair), and October 13 (Monument Valley). Early registration is advised. Call 505-599-1174 for details.
- Riverfest: Area rivers are celebrated with a festival of music, food, activities and entertainment May 25, 2018 - Sunday, May 27, 2018 in Berg and Animas Parks. This festive celebration takes place along the Animas river trails and includes wiener dog races, river raft rides, a fine arts fair and cultural performances.
- Healing Field: Continuing Farmington’s Memorial Day weekend tradition, the San Juan East Rotary Club will host the 6th Annual Healing Field flag display at the Boys & Girls Club of Farmington, May 25th to May 28th. This stunning display of red, white and blue presents a patriotic image that will once more bring the Farmington community together. There is no cost to visit this display; however flags can be purchased to honor a loved one. Call 505-860-3843 for flag sponsorship information.
The FBA consists of local residents, organizations and businesses working together to energize how we live, work, play and stay Farmington. As a group, they have chosen to highlight events that go above and beyond to energize life journeys through exceptional performances and unique opportunities. Each month, the FBA meets for the Action Team Meeting and votes on the top upcoming events from the community calendar at www.FarmingtonNM.org. Event organizers interested in endorsement need only submit their event to the calendar. Call 505-326-7602 with questions.