Come out for a day of volunteerism and help our favorite adventure spot! This spring cleanup in Chokecherry Canyon and the Glade Run Recreation Area offers a day of fun outdoors as you help make a difference.
Want to participate?
Join local outdoor lovers and volunteers for a day of family-friendly fun outdoors as the community comes together to clean our favorite playground.
- Meet at Brown Springs Campground (take Piñon Hills Blvd. turn onto Glade Road, follow the main dirt road for a few miles)
- Cleanup 8 am-4 pm
- Lunch and bags provided.
- Raffle for cool prizes! Collect raffle tickets by collecting trash. Each load of trash will earn you one to three tickets. The drawing will occur at 4 p.m.
- Two silver coins from the 1800s will be hidden in pieces of trash in the canyon for people to find.
- Bring gloves and sunscreen.
- More information is available by calling Allen Elmore at 505-686-3831.
We Also Recommend
Chokecherry Canyon Glade Run Recreation Area
Glade Run Recreation Area, also known as the Glade, consists of 19,000 acres of open public land along the north and northwest side of Farmington. At an elevation of 5,669 feet, this popular recreation area consists of sandy arroyos, slick rock, rolling foothills, and mountain trails. The Glade offers motorcycle, mountain bike, ATV/UTV, Jeeps and equestrian trails. The area is open year-round, dry overnight camping is permitted.Learn More »
- Pinon Hills Blvd. and Glade Road, Farmington, NM