Mesa Verde National Park is open to the public with some areas open for self-guided exploring. Please note the museum and visitor center are closed and staffing is limited. The cliff dwellings are also closed and guided tours are canceled until further notice.
Hwy. 491, Mesa Verde National Park, CO 81330
For updates on closures at Mesa Verde please visit https://www.nps.gov/meve/index.htm
Mesa Verde National Park is an archaeological preserve famous for its concentration of cliff dwellings.
75 miles north of Farmington on Hwy. 491 (near Cortez, CO)
- Hours: 8 am-5 pm, extended hours in the summer
- Cost: Fee: $10 per private vehicle, $5 per person (walking, bicycle)
- Activities: Bicycling, interpretive programs, guided and self-guided tours, camping, hiking, wildlife watching, photography, stargazing
- Campground: open approximately May to mid-October, call ahead for details
- Facilities: Far View Visitors Center, Chapin Mesa Archeological Museum, campgrounds, picnic area, hiking and biking trails
Additional information from the National Parks Service