The campground, park bookstore, and most roads, sites, and trails are open within the park. However, services are limited and the Museum and Visitor Center remain closed. The cliff dwellings are also closed and guided tours are canceled until further notice.
Hwy. 491, Mesa Verde National Park, CO 81330
For updates on closures at Mesa Verde please visit https://www.nps.gov/meve/index.htm
Mesa Verde National Park is an archaeological preserve famous for its concentration of cliff dwellings.
75 miles north of Farmington on Hwy. 491 (near Cortez, CO)
- Hours: 8 am-5 pm, extended hours in the summer
- Cost: Fee: $30 per private vehicle, $12 per person (walking, bicycle), $25 per motorcycle.
- Activities: Bicycling, interpretive programs, guided and self-guided tours, camping, hiking, wildlife watching, photography, stargazing
- Campground: open approximately May to mid-October, call ahead for details
- Facilities: Far View Visitors Center, Chapin Mesa Archeological Museum, campgrounds, picnic area, hiking and biking trails
Additional information from the National Parks Service