Hovenweep National Monument is open however, some facilities have closed.
McElmo Route, Cortez, CO 81321
Please visit https://www.nps.gov/hove/planyourvisit/conditions.htm for updates on closures
Hovenweep National Monument features the ruins of six Ancestral Puebloan (Anasazi) communities. The ruins are spread throughout a valley that crosses the Utah and Colorado border. Short trails take you to the six communities. A stop at the Visitors Center is a must.
- Location: 66 miles from Farmington/45 miles west of Cortez, CO
- Hours: Visitors Center 8 am-6 pm April - September otherwise 8 am – 5 pm
- Closed: Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Facilities: visitors center, small campground, and picnic
- Four-wheel drive vehicles highly recommended for accessing outlying-ruins
- Admission: $3 per individual, $6 per vehicle
- Information: Hovenweep National Monument (970) 562-4282