The labyrinth called Canyon de Chelly (d’SHAY) is really several canyons. Throughout the park, visitors will see archaeological ruins such as cliff dwellings and kivas as well the panoramic views of the canyons. Please call in advance to ensure the park is open.
Hwy 160 / PO Box 588, Chinle, AZ 86503
- Approximately 135 miles southwest of Farmington via Hwy. 491
- Visitors Center Hours: 8 am-5pm daily except Christmas day
- Cost: Fees vary by activity and location
- Activities: Auto tours, hiking, rock art viewing, camping
- Facilities: restrooms, Visitors Center, campgrounds, and horse rentals
- Special Events: traveling exhibits and interpretive talks throughout the year.