Angel Peak Scenic Area offers campers a beautiful view of the Kutz Canyon Badlands and Angel Peak. The campground has several sites available for tent camping. Located just 15 miles south of Bloomfield, this campsite is popular with families, hikers, and campers touring the Four Corners.
County Road 7175 (from US Highway 550) Bloomfield, NM
Directions to Angel Peak
Access Angel Peak Scenic Area from US Highway 550, 15 miles south of Bloomfield, by traveling east on County Road 7175. Follow the gravel road along the canyon rim for approximately six miles to reach the campground. You will pass three developed picnic areas along the way.
- It is important to note the gravel road may become impassible in bad weather.
- No electrical hookups or water is available.
- The area is subject to seasonal extremes and visitors should be prepared for changing weather.
- All motorized vehicles and mountain bikes are required to stay on maintained roads.
- Trees in the area are scarce and firewood gathering is prohibited. Please bring your own wood if you plan on having a fire.
- Shooting is prohibited.
- Collection of vertebrate fossils is prohibited except for scientific studies under permit by the BLM.
- Permits are required for commercial, competitive and organized group events.