Join Capacity Builders in exploration of water issues, farming and agriculture in the Four Corners region! Water Law and policy, conservation, permaculture and other water related issues. Learn about wine making, cooking with lavender, indigenous foods, preserving and canning foods, Navajo weaving and history of the Navajo in San Juan River Valley.
There is an abundance of information that will be covered at this event. Anyone interested in farming, food and agriculture and the Navajo culture is encouraged to attend.
*You have the option of attending the full symposium, or for half of the day. Please let us know by checking all the boxes that apply during registration*
Agenda for the Water Session of the Symposium
- 7:15 - 8:00 Registration
- 8:00 - 8:30 Welcome and Introductions of Partnerships
- 9:00 - 9:45 History of the Navajo in the San Juan River Valley
- 10:00 - 10:45 Traditional Navajo Weaving Techniques
- 11:00 - 12:00 Local & Navajo Food
- 12:00 - 1:15 Lunch with Keynote Speaker, FFA Officers, NM Farmers Market Association
- 1:15 - 2:00 Engaging in the Water Community and History and Cultural Context of Water
- 2:15 - 3:00 Water Law and Policy
- 3:15 - 4:00 Funding Conservation and Efficiency
- 4:15 - 5:45 Tour of Irrigation methods at the NMSU AG Science Center in Farmington (NAPI)