The African Drumming Ensemble is high energy and includes students and community members playing djembe hand drums and dununs in the West African tradition. Performance begins at 7pm on Friday, April 22nd at the Connie Gotsch Theatre.
The ensemble will be performing:
- Conga de Comparsa is an Afro-Cuban feature with congas, cowbells, timbales, and snare drum.
- Garagedon, dance from the Malinke region in Guinea
- Gidamba, A Malinke Guinean dance for women
- Kakilambe', A mask dance from the Boka ethnic group in Guinea
- Konden 2, from the Kouroussa-region in Guinea.
- Kono, Song for the birds from Guinea
- N'Goron, from the Ivory Coast and Burkina Faso.
Online tickets can be purchased here until midnight April 21st. Tickets can also be purchased at San Juan College Bookstore or at the door the evening of the performance. Admission is $8 Adults and $6 Students/Seniors. Local music students can get in free by showing an ID card and stating the name of their music teacher and school.