Mark your calendars, everyone! The Jolt Jamboree will take place on Saturday, June 10, 2023 from 10:00am-3:00pm at the Farmington Museum & Visitor Center, hosted by Visit Farmington. Exhibitors and activities will be found in front of the building, inside the building, and outback on the upper and lower terrace. Nothing says Adventure Expo like an 8-foot-tall and 20-foot-long T-rex roaming around! When you join us at our Jolt Jamboree on June 10th, you will get to meet Zook the T rex in person!
Jolt Jamboree Activities
Visit Farmington and our members are putting together a day you won’t forget, as we celebrate how the Farmington area PLAYS! Just a few of the fun activities in store at this point:
- Meet Zook the T-Rex
- Outdoor Adventure Zone featuring off-roading, biking, water sports, disc golf and more!
- Disc golf putting clinic at 11am
- Mini-fitness assessments
- Opportunities to win prizes
- Face painting
- Art activities by HEart Gallery
- Kid activities
- River Rafting with Desert River Guides ($20 per person)
- Food and drink vendors
- KWYK Jolt 'n Jive Dance Off at 2pm
Classroom Presentation Schedule
ORII Update and Community Discussion
Join Outdoor Recreation Coordinator Evan Pilling for a discussion about progress and projects related to the Outdoor Recreation Industry Initiative (ORII), including Juniper Basin Bike Park and Boundless Adventures all abilities park. Following the ORII updates will be a brief Q&A session where community members can ask questions and share their ideas and interests for future Outdoor Recreation opportunities in Farmington.
“The Geology and Paleontology of the badlands in the Bisti Wilderness Area” by Dr John Burris
The badlands in the Bisti Wilderness Area expose rocks and fossils from the Late Cretaceous, the time right before the extinction event that ended the non-avian dinosaurs. The rocks and fossils provide evidence of an environment in New Mexico completely different than what we see today. Erosion and weathering have exposed these rocks, and have also created the unique landforms now visible in the badlands. During this presentation, we’ll examine the kinds of fossils that are preserved, discuss New Mexico’s past environment, and explore the unique formations that are visible in the badlands. Dr. John Burris is a Professor of Geology at San Juan College and has been teaching there since 2004. His background is in vertebrate paleontology, including work in the Late Cretaceous fossils of the Western Interior Seaway.
Finding Your Way in Nature’s Playground: An Overview of App-Based Navigation Tools for Outdoor Recreation with Evan Pilling
Want to get out and explore the vast natural spaces in and around Farmington but don’t where to go (or how to find your way home)? Good news: there are a variety of useful apps to help you find your way. This presentation will highlight some of the most popular and easy-to-use app-based navigation tools for Outdoor Recreation, including Adventure Projects, Trailforks, AllTrails, and OnX, and help you figure out which ones are right for you.
Entertainment on the Back Terrace
10 am KWYK 94.9 fm Live Remote & Music
10:15-10:45 am San Juan College HHPC
Group Exercise Class - High Fitness with Daija Heaton from the San Juan College HHPC. Free and open to the public, no registration necessary.
10:45 am KWYK 94.9 fm Live Remote & Music
11:30 am Summer Theater Revue
Live performance from the cast of Spamalot.
12 pm KWYK 94.9 fm Live Remote & Music
12:30-1:30 pm San Juan College HHPC Challenge
Blindfolded Tent Assembly Challenge. Register your team of four in advance at the San Juan College HHPC tent on the patio. The contest is open to eight teams. Fastest team wins a free raft trip guided by San Juan College's Outdoor Rental Center.
1:30 pm KWYK 94.9 fm Live Remote & Music
2 pm KWYK Jolt ‘n Jive Dance Off
Join the fun and win some great prizes in the KWYK Jolt 'n Jive Dance Off! There will be 4 age categories: 2-8, 9-12, 12-17, 18 and up. Prizes will be awarded for a male and female winner in each category.
- 505 Cycles - Try an e-Bike
- 505 Outsider - Meet & greet with local YouTubers
- Amy's Bookcase - Fun activity and books for sale
- Animal Shelter - Lean about services and meet pets up for adoption
- Aquatics Programs - Fun activities for all ages
- Aztec Ruins National Monument - Meet Park Rangers and learn about the Jr. Ranger Program
- Boys & Girls Club of Farmington - Learn how they serve area families and kids in need, buy a raffle ticket for a Harley and enjoy their fun activity.
- Bear Jeep Tours - Learn about local 4x4 and UTV rentals and guided Jeep tours
- CliffHangers 4x4 Club - Connect with this local 4x4 Club
- Desert River Guides - River rafting along the Animas River, $20 per person
- E3 Children's Museum & Science Center - Free fun activities for the kids
- Farmington Chamber of Commerce - Connect with the Chamber
- Farmington Civic Center - Learn about upcoming performances
- Farmington Fire Department - Touch a Truck! Learn about what the FFD does, see one of their trucks and the gear they wear.
- Farmington Museum - Learn about programming and upcoming exhibits
- Farmington Public Library - Learn about summer programs
- Floatsome & Jetsome - Learn about this local company renting boats at Lake Farmington
- Fly High Trampoline Park - Free fun activities for the kids
- Good Native Food on Wheels - Enjoy the best frybread & Navajo Tacos, associated fee
- HEart Gallery - Painting activity for all ages, associated fee
- Heavy Burgers - Fuel your adventure with the best in burgers
- Indian Center - Fun activity for all ages
- Kool Treats - Refresh with great treats from the Sandoval family
- Let's Go Transportation
- Mullens Equestrian Services - Free mechanical horse activity
- Navajo Pride - Learn about NAPI and Navajo Pride products
- New Mexico Game & Fish - Try the free ATV simulator
- Nizhoni Soaps - Discover why everyone is crazy about Nizhoni Soaps
- Northern Edge Casino - Fun games and photo booth
- Northwest NM Arts Council - Free art activity
- Off Again Auto - Get to know your local 4x4 experts
- ORII - Learn about the Outdoor Recreation Industry Initiative
- Pinon Hills Golf Course - Free putting challenge
- Pop's Truck and RV Center
- Recreation Division - Free and fun activities for all ages
- Riverview Golf Course - Free putting challenge
- Roadrunner Flight School - Chance to win a discovery flight, play cornhole
- San Juan College HHPC - Free mini-fitness assessments & disc golf activity
- San Juan Country Club
- San Juan Radio Control Club - Enter to win an XK DHC-2 Beaver A600 RTF
- San Juan Medical Foundation - Buy a raffle ticket for a Polaris RZT Turbo R 4 Sport and Haul Kings Trailer
- The Moore the Merrier - Face painting, temporary tattoos, and crazy hair- associated fees
- Traegers & The DawgHouse - Refuel with the best hotdogs - associated fees
- Ultimate Performance UTV - Meet local UTV experts
- Visit Farmington - Event host tent with the schedule of activities for the day
- Zook the T-rex - 8-foot-tall and 20-foot-long Zook will be roaming the grounds for photo ops and fun interactions