The virtual conference is free and open to all participants. Participants may register for the in-person farm tour. Registering for the Local Food Summit will automatically make you a local food champion and you will receive event updates and details throughout the Summit.
Registration and Fees: Online registration available to be paid via credit card or mailing your check.
FREE - Virtual Conferences, several to choose from. Zoom information provided below
$5 - One Raffle Ticket
Drawing to become a Local Food Cook-off Judge on July 15, 5 to 7 PM, Downtown Makers Market
Must be available in person to participate
$15 - 2021-2022 BFBL Membership (free BFBL gift)
$40 - Farm Tour - includes local food lunch and snacks (In-Person). Deadline: July 9
- July 13 | Connecting the Legacy of Ag to the Next Generation of Farmers: 11 AM - 1 PM (virtual conference via Zoom)
- July 14 | The Community Role in Creating an Equitable Food System: 11 AM - 1 PM (virtual conference via Zoom)
- July 15 | Empowering Community Development through our Local Food System: 11 AM - 1 PM (virtual conference via Zoom) Link to all 3 virtual conferences: https://nmsu.zoom.us/j/94126551668. Meeting ID: 941 2655 1668
- July 15 | Local Food Cook-Off: 5 - 7 PM; Downtown Makers Market, Orchard Plaza, Farmington NM
- July 16 | Farm Tours: 8 AM - 4 PM (In-Person, meet at 310 West Animas Street, Farmington, NM)
- July 16 | Grand Opening: 5:30 PM; The Harvest Food Hub
- July 16 | Local Food Fair: 5 - 8 PM; 310 West Animas Street, Farmington, NM
Farm Tour Schedule: 8 AM - 4 PM (subject to change) Meet at the Harvest Food Hub, 310 West Animas Street, Farmington, NM
- Tour Stop #1 | Navajo Ethno-Agriculture Educational Farm - Traditional Navajo Educational Farm
- Tour Stop #2 | Kerby Orchard - Visit the largest commercial orchard in San Juan County GCI, Inc.
- Tour Stop #3 | GCI Farm - Tour the up and coming sweet corn you pick farm and observe cutting edge greenhouse production including microgreens and hemp growing processes
- Tour Stop #4 | Lavender on the San Juan River - Explore the lavender fields and observe oil extracting process and value added production methods
- Tour Stop #5 | Wines of the San Juan - End the day under the trees exploring the vineyard and wine process
- Return to The Harvest Food Hub | 4 PM