5:30pm - 9:30pm
Childhaven’s San Juan CASA Volunteers work with professionals in children’s civil court cases to speak for the best interests of child victims of abuse and neglect to assure they reach a safe and permanent home in a timely fashion. Once a CASA is appointed to a case, they become an official part of the judicial proceedings, working alongside attorneys and social workers as an appointed officer of the court to ensure that a child’s voice is heard.
In 2021, 54 CASA volunteers advocated for 127 children in active abuse and neglect cases with many still in need of CASA advocacy. The Children’s Court Judges followed 87% of the recommendations made by the CASA volunteer in their 112 Court Reports in 2021. This represents 88% of the children that went before the Children’s Court Judge in SJC. San Juan CASA Volunteers donated 3,308 hours and 12,241 miles while advocating for their CASA children. More CASA Volunteers are needed.
For more information on training to become a CASA volunteer, visit their website here or phone 1-505-325-5358 (ext.182).
CASA Spring 2023 Training Schedule:
- Tuesday, April 4th 5:30pm-9:00pm
- Thursday, April 6th 5:30pm-9:00pm
- Saturday, April 8th 9:00am-5:00pm
- Monday, April 10 5:30pm-9:00pm
- Wednesday, April 12th 5:30pm-9:00pm
- Thursday, April 13th 5:30pm-9:00pm
These times and dates are subject to change. Court observation of five hours will also be required. All training sessions will take place at Riverstone Church at 810 N. Buena Vista Ave in Farmington.
- Tuesday, April 4, 2023 | 5:30pm - 9:30pm View other events on this day
- Thursday, April 6, 2023 | 5:30pm - 9:30pm View other events on this day
- Saturday, April 8, 2023 | 5:30pm - 9:30pm View other events on this day
- Monday, April 10, 2023 | 5:30pm - 9:30pm View other events on this day
- Wednesday, April 12, 2023 | 5:30pm - 9:30pm View other events on this day