Become a trained community volunteer by becoming a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) volunteer. As a CASA volunteer, you could speak up for a neglected or abused child in San Juan County. Please visit our website to apply and learn more about how you can help change a child’s story by becoming a CASA volunteer. Spring Pre-Service Virtual training is open March 8 - April 22, 2021.
Spring 2021 CASA Pre-Service Training
Schedule Virtual Training Zoom Meetings
- Monday, April 5, 2021, 5:30 pm -7:30 pm
- Thursday, April 8, 2021, 5:30 pm -7:30 pm
- Monday, April 12, 2021, 5:30 pm -7:30 pm
- Thursday, April 15, 2021, 5:30 pm -7:30 pm
- Monday, April 19, 2021, 5:30 pm -7:30 pm
- Thursday, April 22, 2021, 5:30 pm -7:30 pm
These times and dates are subject to change. Court observation of five hours will also be required.
A VOICE FOR CHILDREN IN THE COURT SYSTEM
Childhaven’s San Juan CASA Volunteers work with professionals in children’s civil court cases to speak for the best interests of child victims of abuse and neglect to assure they reach a safe and permanent home in a timely fashion. Once a CASA is appointed to a case, they become an official part of the judicial proceedings, working alongside attorneys and social workers as an appointed officer of the court to ensure that a child’s voice is heard.
Become a CASA Volunteer
- Be 21 years of age
- Pass a background check
- Commit about 10 hours a month to the children in their caseload
- Take our pre-service CASA training course (schedule below)
Questions? Contact our CASA Program Staff at (505) 325-5358 ext 180.