We have selected 11 sensational events to be showcased as "Jolt Worthy" this September. Click on the event title for the complete event description and be sure to visit the community calendar of events at FarmingtonNM.org for a look at everything happening this month!
- Green Revolution: The Green Revolution is a revolutionary exhibition on display at the Farmington Museum that uses recycled and repurposed materials to teach creative ways to reduce waste and conserve energy. Hands-on learning stations give this exhibition a green light for families! Dont delay seeing this free exhibit, display will close September 9th.
- Downtown Maker’s Market: Visit Downtown Farmington for the Downtown Maker’s Market in Orchard Park every Thursday evening through October 26th. The Maker’s Market features vendors who grow and sell produce, baked goods, handmade goods, art, and re-purposed items; and collectors of antiques and vintage items, and much more!
- Farmington Grower’s Market: Shop for locally grown food and hand-made goods at the Farmington Grower’s Market every Saturday, 8am-12pm, and Tuesday, 4-6pm, at the Farmington Museum & Visitor Center.
- MadLab - Sensory Explore a variety of paints, slime, sound containers, glue, glitter, dough, and more at MadLab, brought to you by Peach's Neet Feet. Children must be accompanied by a caregiver during class and be prepared to get messy. Class is one hour, held every Wednesday and Thursday. Preregister online.
- Patriot Day Banquet: Join San Juan County Republican Party for The Patriot Day Banquet; an event to honor first responders, Veterans and to never forget September 11th, 2001. Held at Pinon Hills Community Church on September 8th, 6 to 8pm. There will be a panel of exclusive speakers, live and silent auctions, formal dinner and dancing.
- Downtown Fall Crawl: Downtown street party celebrating the 2017 W.E. Rock Grand Nationals return to Farmington on September 8th from 6 to 9pm. Spectators will be able to see the competition rigs and meet the drivers at this unique event there. The Cliffhanger’s Four Wheel Drive Club will have their flex ramp downtown for competitors and hobbyists to test their vehicles suspension capabilities.
- W.E. Rock Nationals: The World Extreme Rock Crawling Grand Nationals Championship returns to Farmington, New Mexico on September 9th and 10th. Come see the best of the best from across the globe compete for top national honors!
- Dining With The Dead: SOLD OUT - Enjoy an evening of history, performances, humorous stories and great BBQ and meet San Juan County’s early pioneers. Event held at Greenlawn Cemetery in Farmington, NM on September 9th and organized by Rio del Sol Kiwanis.
- Harvest Wine Festival: Celebrate the harvest season with music, art show, food and the great grape stomp at the Wines of the San Juan September 23rd and 24th. Hours: Saturday 12 to 7pm and Sunday 12 to 6pm.
- Race 2 Educate: The Foundation for Educational Excellence will host Farmington’s Annual Race to Educate 5K, 10K and 1/2 marathon on September 30th. The Annual Race to Educate will begin at 7am starting from the Farmington High School Campus. Kids race for free, those under age 8 must have an adult accompanying them.
- A Real Night at the Museum: Join the Farmington Museum for live music, tractor rides, and traditional favorite hands-on activities and crafts as Farmington’s past comes alive for a Real Night at the Museum. September 30th from 4 to 7pm. This is a free event.
The FBA consists of local residents, organizations and businesses working together to energize how we live, work, play and stay Farmington. Each month, the FBA meets for the Action Team Meeting and votes on the top upcoming events from the community calendar at www.FarmingtonNM.org. Event organizers interested in endorsement need only submit their event to the calendar.